Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I need fruit juice in my arms

I was just told by Maddy I need fruit juice in my arms so I can make my elbows strong...Really?
I never would have known. Sometimes her wonderful antics make me question her LOL.
So she keeps getting these rashes in the same exact place so I finally called the doctor and she said it sounds like Eczema and as it does run in Brett's family I can probably guarantee that's what it is. A few doses of lotion and it disappears.
We went to Caleb's meeting at the school and finally they have someone there who understands Caleb's issues. And there actually going to work with him. There setting up the process for an IEP Hooray!! And they said he does better if he eats breakfast at school because it's kind of a cool down for him after being on the bus so there's a dollar a day for him to get breakfast. They also said he complains all day if he has to bring lunch and if he actually buys lunch his afternoon goes smoother so he'll be getting lunch everyday at school there goes a dollar seventy five just for lunch. UGH!
But Brett's mom put money in the account so Caleb can get those for now. There also going to be pulling him out of class in the afternoon for writing and he's going to go to the resource room to work on that with the resource teacher and 3 other students so he doesn't have to worry about all the other kids. He should get his glasses one day this week. He's actually seems excited about them and I just hope he stays excited and I hope no one at school makes fun of him. But face it kids are little jerks. His eyes are 20/40 and 20/50 which makes sense as I am blind as a bat. And he was pumped because he's getting Spongebob glasses. Brett's mom ended up taking him and paying for them. I hate that she's doing this all for us but honestly there's no way we can afford it right now. Were still trying to figure out how were going to even do Christmas for the kids let alone anything extra.
Brett is going out of town AGAIN tonight for a few days. Ugh it's usually not this busy this time of year but for some reason compressors are going everywhere. But I am off debating on going to my Gram's for awhile before the kids get home from school.
*hugs*

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Caute! Kids are the darndest things.

I hope her rash clears up and ends up not being anything serious.

B

Bridgett said...

Is the rash scaly? In the pictures it didn't appear to be so...but from what I could tell, that doesn't look like eczema at all.

Both my kids had eczema when they were younger...Parker's cleared up on his own. Autumn still got it occasionally until I started the Epsom salt baths.

I'm glad the school is finally working with you for Caleb. But yuck, why would he want to eat those nasty school meals? LOL I was always thrilled when my mom packed my lunch.

Doesn't the school offer reduced or free lunches?

XOXO