Wednesday, February 18, 2009

OMG I want one!!

So I'm sitting here just cruising the web chatting to one of my friends on AIM and we were discussing books we wanted to read or have read and she was yelling at me to update my Good Reads profile. So I was messing around over there searching books and such and she say's I want a Kindle! And I'm like a What!? And she send me the link...I get to the site and I see this.

Okay what the heck is this? So I start reading about it....It's for reading! You buy books and it downloads to this little machine which works anywhere that has cell phone reception! Isn't that the coolest thing?? You can decide you want a book and within 2 minutes of logging in you can download the book and start reading!! See a book and your not sure if you'll like it and don't want to drop the cash on buying it? Through Kindle you can download the 1st chapter for free! You can read all about it here. And I highly recommend that you watch the demonstration...And if your minds as perverted as my friend and I you'll giggle for the first 30 seconds LOL.
But then I'm sitting here thinking you know it is pretty pricey especially considering you have to pay about 10 dollars for ever book so I went googling some more and you can download .pdf files right to it also! Well that's just cool. But I am off just wanted to share what I had found.
*hugs*

5 comments:

Bridgett said...

Yea, Kindle has been around for awhile on Amazon. In fact, I think they just came out with the second edition.

It's not for me though. I wouldn't want to read my books on a screen, holding a little plastic box. Part of the joy in reading for me is the smell of the book, the stiff spine, the feel of the pages...it's a sensory pleasure for me, as well as a mental one. :)

Am I making sense? LOL

I do think the idea is cool though.

XOXO

- said...

I saw this on Amazon too...I just don't know if i could read books on an electronic device like that...I think it's cool as all hell, but as a new reader I'm very partial to the smell and feel of a book in my hands.

Stephy said...

haha you guys say the same thing.
I agree with you but I like trying the new and I do think it's a cool idea.
Stephy

Anonymous said...

I saw the Kindle on Oprah around Christmas time and everyone went nuts for it (but they go nuts if Oprah gives away a sock. LOL!). I still like my traditional books to hold in my hand. Call me old fashioned. I hate the cost of books, but I go to the used book stores and can get 3 books for $2.00. Maybe one day I would get a Kindle, but give me the smell of a new book anyday. :)
Love,
L

Anonymous said...

I'd have to quote exactly what Bridgett said on this one. It is a total sensory pleasure, smelling, feeling, turning each page, oh I could go on. I need to hold my book.~Mary