SO I called my mother in law and her and I were talking and we were adding up when these episodes happened and the common factor is it started happening once he started the Vyvanse. So we started researching what we could. And what did we find?
http://www.drugs.com/pro/vyvanse.html And if you scroll down to the bottom of the page if you scroll down to warnings under bipolar it says
Bipolar Illness
Particular care should be taken in using stimulants to treat ADHD patients with comorbid bipolar disorder because of concern for possible induction of mixed/manic episode in such patients. Prior to initiating treatment with a stimulant, patients with comorbid depressive symptoms should be adequately screened to determine if they are at risk for bipolar disorder; such screening should include a detailed psychiatric history, including a family history of suicide, bipolar disorder, and depression.
Emergence of New Psychotic or Manic Symptoms
Treatment emergent psychotic or manic symptoms, e.g., hallucinations, delusional thinking, or mania in children and adolescents without prior history of psychotic illness or mania can be caused by stimulants at usual doses. If such symptoms occur, consideration should be given to a possible causal role of the stimulant, and discontinuation of treatment may be appropriate. In a pooled analysis of multiple short-term, placebo-controlled studies, such symptoms occurred in about 0.1% (4 patients with events out of 3482 exposed to methylphenidate or amphetamine for several weeks at usual doses) of stimulant-treated patients compared to 0 in placebo-treated patients.
Aggression
Aggressive behavior or hostility is often observed in children and adolescents with ADHD, and has been reported in clinical trials and the postmarketing experience of some medications indicated for the treatment of ADHD. Although there is no systematic evidence that stimulants cause aggressive behavior or hostility, patients beginning treatment for ADHD should be monitored for the appearance of or worsening of aggressive behavior or hostility.
Um hello?? That's what's happening how could his therapists not catch that?? So I started researching more. Now when I'm researching I don't like to find just medical facts I like to find other people who had similar things happen to them. And I found these
http://www.xanga.com/Litzi_Hartley/620802416/vyvanse-warning--call-your-doctor-if-this-happens-to-you/
She says in her blog...After about a week on the Vyvanse, I started getting very moody and irritable.
The moodiness got much worse. I could go from angry to crying sad to OK in minutes, for no apparent reason. I developed PTSD symptoms--flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, aversion to particular stimuli--regarding childhood issues I'd worked through YEARS ago. And I'd NEVER had PTSD symptoms before.
I became progressively more angry, hostile, verbally aggressive, moody and irritable. I went around feeling as if my fingers were stuck in light sockets.
I noticed the symptoms were at their worst about 4-6 hours after taking the Vyvanse and they got better as the day wore on. I also noticed the symptoms began somewhat abruptly after my med change. I suspected my mood problems were medication induced.
Which is about the exact time Caleb has his outbursts at school. So I emailed the school therapist with what I had found and what I was worried about and she completely agreed with me! Said her and the nurse were discussing it yesterday and how they both felt it was one of the medications he was taking. I then called the Pharmacist at Walgreens and asked them about it and he said that yes it sounded like it was the Vyvanse causing these issues.
I then asked if Caleb would go through withdrawl systems if I just stopped giving it to him. And he said with such a low dose it probably wouldn't give him withdrawl symptoms.
So damn it I'm taking him off it. I'm trying to get ahold of his old idiot doctor to see what she can do for him and I'm just going to tell her that giving Caleb Vyvanse isn't an option anymore. And if she won't do anything I'll figure out what I can do until we see the new therapist on March 18th. But I willingly can't continue to give Caleb this medication if this is what to expect.
Thoughts?
Stephy

8 comments:
Hey Steph...I'm getting ready to read your entry, but I wanted to ask you real quickly...did you make that 'sweets' tag with the kids picture? If so, could you make one for me?
I LOVE THAT! It's so stinkin' cute.
Okay, off to read your entry now. LOL
First...I would absolutely be taking Caleb off the medication.
I'm dumbfounded that your doctor would put Caleb on something like that without checking the contraindications, for God's sake!
Ridiculous. I tell ya, this is why I've lost my faith in mainstream medicine, truly. It's so sad. She put Caleb through something completly unnessarily.
Secondly, I'd talk to the school and see if a consideration could be made about Caleb's punishment...obviously, this isn't a behavior he could help. They're very gung-ho about him being on medication, so when something goes wrong with that medication, it should be taken into consideration. What I'm trying to say is, he shouldn't be suspended. That's just not fair.
And I'd tell that principal she could kiss your ass if she talks about expulsion again. What a bitch!
I'm angry on the behalf of your and Caleb. So many things wrong with this scenario. ::sigh::
Please keep us updated, K?
viagra cialis levitra can viagra be used by women viagra cheap viagra free pills viagra generique viagra australia uk alternative viagra viagra online no prescription cheapest viagra in uk purchase viagra how does viagra work viagra side affects negative effects of viagra cheap viagra tablets
It doesn't affect everyone the same...
It helps so many people but I am not saying it can't be detrimental either.
[url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/ganardinero.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]Estas buscando formas de ganar dinero[/b]
Hemos hallado la mejor guia en internet de como ganar dinero desde casa. Como nos ha sido de interes para nosotros, tambien les puede ser de utilidad a ustedes. No son unicamente metodos de ganar dinero con su pagina web, hay todo tipo de formas de ganar dinero en internet...
[b][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url]Te recomendamos entrar a [url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/]Ganar dinero[/url][url=http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com][img]http://www.ganar-dinero-ya.com/dinero.jpg[/img][/url][/b]
You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat twitter[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood ways to build an income online.
I didnt do nothing. He then took my erect nipples and heldthem firmly between his fingers and asked me if I ever worenipple clamps before.
rape stories in detail
free online spanking stories
alien lesbian sex stories
hot nurse sex stories
sexy love stories
I didnt do nothing. He then took my erect nipples and heldthem firmly between his fingers and asked me if I ever worenipple clamps before.
Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions
Post a Comment