
(grr click the pic to enlarge! I really need to figure out the other templates because this cutting pics thing ticks me off)
This is Cutes named by Madison. After Simba died last year I did not want another cat! And if by chance we did decide to get another one I wanted an orange cat. Why? Because I have owned every color cat under the sun except an orange cat and I want an orange cat who I will name Butterscotch and for short he will be known as butters. I know I'm a freak LOL. But alas plans did not go my way. Back in January the 20th to be exact I went out to get the mail. To get our mail I have to walk across the street. Can you imagine the horror of negative weather walking across the street just for junk mail? But I do it because being a stay at home mom the mail coming is high on my exciting things to do. So on this day I go out and I hear howling just howling and I'm looking around because it sounded like a cat had been hit or hurt by something and I see this little black straggly dirty thing just standing there howling. I walk over to her and she starts meowing louder and louder. I get close and see she's freezing I pick her up and Oh man there was literally icicles embedded in the fur on her feet the pads of her feet feel like ice cubes. And I can feel every single bone in her body. So me being the caring person I am (I really am I swear) I pick her up and bring her home. I made sure she got food to eat and some blankets to be warm. I kept telling Maddy that we were only helping this kitty this kitty was not going to live with us we were just going to take care of her till she got her strength up and could go to someone else's home....Well here we are 2 mons later with a semi bigger cat with a name and who loves cuddling. She goes outside and does whatever cats do out there but she always comes back here. I think she might be happy here. Okay promised everyone I'd share the story of how we got her. But I am off Brett is out of town again this week and I have to go get kiddos out of tub and more in the tub.
*hugs*

Isn't my tag yummy?? hehe!

2 comments:
Good for you saving that kitty!!! He looks very healthy and happy now. We have an orange cat and his name is Butterscotch too, but we call him Scotchy or Scotchamo. LOL!
Love,
L
Cutes really is cute! And trust me, I would have done the same thing. It's hard not to when you see a little animal in major distress like that.
In fact, Peanut, my kitty who died last year I found at a high school football game. She weighed less than a pound, had mange, ringworm, and so many fleas, her hair started falling out.
About $300 later, we had a healthy 'orange' kitten. LOL
And Autumn has a stuffed animal she named Butterscotch. :)
XOXO
Post a Comment