skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Still hanging
Still hanging in there. Caleb's doing Much better. The new psychologist changed his meds all around. He's now on Concerta 36mg in the morning along with Depakote and at school he takes a 5 mg Methylphenidate and then before bed he takes a 50mg Seroquel. Plus his allergy meds. But let me tell you the change is tremendous. He seems happier better focused and just all around nicer. The therapist was pleased with the change as are we. He still is having night terrors. Which is a common problem with children with bipolar. And we never really discussed the night terrors before but I woke up this morning to him at the end of my bed so I had him come lay next to me and I asked him if he wanted to talk about it and he just went loose. And I'll save you the details here but let's just say it wasn't a normal bad dream. It was graphic and gory and scary. I couldn't imagine having dreams like that as an adult. I'm reading a Great book The Bipolar Child and in the book it explains that were everyone has bad dreams children of bipolar have very graphic dreams and where most people wake up before the bad thing happens like being stabbed with a knife or people getting killed bipolar children dream the whole dream they don't wake up before the horrible things happen. Which is just horrible! And I wonder why he crawls in my bed in the middle of the night. I would too!
Were again having problems with the school there really pushing to move him into a different school in the district all because they have a better Behavior Modification Classroom which just from what there says to me means that instead of the one teacher he'd be in a classroom with 3 different teachers. And other students with similar problems. I personally am fighting them! I feel he is doing okay in school and don't see how switching schools at the end of the school year is going to be good for his self esteem! We have a quote on quote Informal meeting on Wednesday and again I am fighting it. He's not being disruptive, He's not physically hurting anyone and he hasn't since we stopped the Vyvanse. I don't know I have a lot I want to say about the issue but 50 million things on my mind. Brett left last Sunday to work out of town came home Friday and then left again this morning to work out of town till Wednesday. I'm almost out of patience almost out of sanity. I just don't know. Maybe more later.
*hugs*
2 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! That's horrible about the dreams. That could really affect anybody's psyche.
I'm really glad to hear he's doing so well though. That's excellent news.
XOXO
It's good that Brett at least has a job but sucks that he isn't home to help you out. Glad to hear that Caleb's meds are working finally!! And, keep fighting the school about him being transferred. They just don't want to deal with Caleb which is why they are trying to ship him out to another school. So not cool!
Love,
L
Post a Comment