Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Randomness

I know I’ve been MIA a lot lately.  It’s been CRAZY busy here.  We had Brett’s dad visiting for a week and a half (More on that later or maybe I’ll put that in my private blog)  I started another blog….But it’s just for my book reviews that way if no one else wants to read them they don’t have to…You can read it HERE.
I am using Windows Live writer to do my blog entries now.  Which works awesome you can do a lot of fancy stuff without have to mess with the HTML like this Which just amuses me.  Doesn’t take much for that though LOL.   I have tons of pictures I want to share.  There old pictures but it’s been awhile since I’ve really updated updated.
This was a few weeks ago we were walking to my Grandma’s and I turned around and this is how the were walking…They do this all the time.  Without being told too they just automatically do it.  Which just shows the special bond they have together.

Then of course this is the two of them sleeping together with Cutes added for extra comfort.

I’m very blessed to have such wonderful children who love each other so much.  This is how they sleep every “non-school night” as Madison calls them. 
For the 4th of July we headed up to Brett’s Grandma’s (Who I’m not really fond of) for a picnic and fireworks.  And of course Caleb who is obsessed with fishing wanted to fish.  Well he had been fishing for a good hour and a half and he was offered to go out on the boat and he said no as he’s scared of the loud noises.  Really the kid Hates loud noises. (Even the vacuum)  Well after fishing for so long and not catching a single fish he saw a few teenagers out on a boat throw out there line and within 10 mins they had caught a few fish so he decided…Well there in a boat and there catching fish so I must have to be on a boat to catch anything… So Low and behold he decided to go out on a boat and of course Little Miss no fear decided she wanted to go too.  Here they are getting ready to go.

And can I just say he LOVED it!  Seriously it’s all he talked about for days was how much fun he had on the boat.  Unfortunately he didn’t catch any fish but Madison did.  And that was good enough for Caleb.  He came back from the ride and went right back to fishing.
      Then we started getting ready for the fireworks and Brett’s dad and stepmom bought them these cute headbands that they automatically put on.  I think this picture of Maddy turned out Awesome!  She looks beautiful.  Of course I’m biased.

And of course my handsome little man.

He said he felt silly wearing them but since Maddy wore hers he kept his on.
Then as always we had to do sparklers.  Which let me tell you there dangerous LOL.  I was trying to light one and the wind started blowing and the flame from my lighter flew back and burnt my thumb.  And then Madison was holding one and I said “Maddy don’t hold the stick that high, Maddy don’t hold the stick that high, Maddy”
And she screams and I told you not to hold the stick that high.  She just had a small burn but she could have cared less she was more excited about the sparklers.

Since my crap camera doesn’t take good photos and I might have had a lot a few drinks I couldn’t get a good picture of the fireworks we set off for the life of me.  So you’ll have to deal with my crappy ones LOL.

Brett and his Dad set them off.  And a few more people around the lake also set off fireworks so it was really cool.  And the loud noise didn’t bother Caleb at all.  I think mainly because he was able to see them being set off. 
    On the 5th we decided we were begged to go back out there.  So off we went.  And of course Caleb went right to the dock to start his fishing and low and behold he ended up catching a Perch within 5 mins.

As you can see by the look on his face he was Pumped!  And that continued for most of the afternoon him catching fish he caught 3 more after that.  They did go back out on the boat but just for a ride no fishing this time.
   And then Maddy was wearing a skirt with shorts underneath and she completely forgot there were shorts underneath and she ran to the bathroom and ended up peeing on the shorts.  I luckily brought a change of pants so I gave them to her to go put on and she was talking forever so I went inside to see what was wrong and she was sitting on the floor in the hall crying so I go to her to find out what was wrong with her and she says I’m not even kidding you “My pants don’t match my shirt and I can’t come outside because everyone will laugh at me.”  Now I have NO idea where she would have gotten that from but nothing could persuade her to come outside with “un-matching” clothes.  For the record she was wearing a pink shirt and the pants I brought were grey with blue stripes down the side.  It looked fine to me.  So I told her to suck it up and if she didn’t want to come outside then she could sit inside be herself.  So that’s what she did for a good 20 mins.  Before Brett’s Aunt felt guilty and ended up washing her skirt for her.  She might be a bit spoiled.
      Caleb lost another tooth and I just think he looks so handsome without it LOL.

Excuse the blue tongue and teeth he was eating a jaw breaker when I decided to take a picture.  And if you look a little to the left you’ll see Brett and Maddy cuddling like they always do.
And while I’m talking about Caleb here’s a Caleb funny for you.  He goes to school from 8am-2pm everyday and last Wednesday they went to the Valley Field Days.  We used to go every year but then it just got dangerous and we stopped going but I was glad he got to go with his school.  He even rode the scrambler the flying bobs and a dragon roller coaster.  But anyways they gave him a balloon which he carried around ALL day and called it balloony (He might be a tad weird) But so after playing with it all day he gets ready for bed and ties it to his dresser drawer and passes out.  I get ready to go to bed and I see the balloon is already shrinking and going down.  Crap I know tomorrows going to be a bad morning for him….  Sure enough 6am he’s in our room flipping out because something's wrong with Balloony.  Brett tells him that of course it’s shrinking as helium can’t stay in a balloon forever and throughout the night it leaked out.  So Caleb and all his Calebness says “Well then if that’s the case and my balloon leaked out all the helium in my room it means I breathed in all the helium, How come I’m not floating around my room?”
    Yep that’s Caleb.  Such a goofball.  But I better head off Caleb has a doctors appointment today as his white blood cell count is low it keeps going up and then down.  Normal count is 4.5 and two mons ago he was a 3.2 and then last month he was a 4.0 and he hasn’t been sick so were really not sure what could be causing it….Unless it’s 1 of his medications.  So were off today to discuss what to do and what not because I refuse to just keep checking his blood and watching the numbers jump around.  If it’s not 4.5 then I’m not a happy mommy.  .2 or what low he needs those.  I’ll update later hopefully with what we discuss.  Here’s a pic of my little Rockstars before I go.


*hugs*

3 comments:

JC said...

Glad to see your kids enjoy fishing! I love it too, but Summer doesn't really. Love all the pics too. Thanks for sharing them. :) Jennifer

Bridgett said...

Hey chickadee!
Good to hear from you in blogland. :)

I loved these pics, Steph. Our kids are growing up. They're all getting so big.

I loved the pic of the kids holding hands. Too cute. Parker refused to hold Autumn's hand most of the time. And NO WAY would he sleep in the same bed as her. LOL

And I don't think you're biased about Maddy at all...she does look beautiful.

My kids just discovered fishing too. They've each caught a blue gill. LOL

We meant to go fishing this past weekend while we were camping, but it was just too darn cold. It dropped down in the 50's!!!

In the picture with Caleb and his missing teeth, I was giggling because before I read that his tongue was blue, I was thinking, "Man, the holes look blue! What would cause that?" LOL

Anyway, this was a great entry. Thanks for sharing with us!

XOXO

Bridgett said...

Oh, what did the docs say about Caleb's WBC?