Friday, November 19, 2004

Prayers and good thoughts please

I got this email from my mother about my cousin   Hi Kandee, Amber and I just got back from the hospital to get a couple hours sleep and we need to get back up there early in the morning. Jillian is really sick. She has been in the hospital since yesterday. She has blown up and is very swollen, her protein in her urine is at dangerous levels and has started to seep into her liver and they need to take the baby. They are worried about convulsions and heart failure. But, they said it is still a long process and told us that only Mike can stay in her room now. They started the process to induce labor and told us that they still wanted Jill to try to deliver the baby naturally. We decided to try to get some sleep, the doctor told us that she should rest well through the night. We are all very nervous and Jilly is really scared. I will talk to you as soon as I can.        And I just called the hospital and they had to deliver the baby c-section because he became unresponsive he was only 4lbs!  My cousin is still pretty sick so please keep her in your thoughts!  Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awful for her to have to go through all this when it should be the most wonderful moment in her life!  The good news is that preemies have more care now with technology, so I am sure the baby will be fine.  As far as your cousin, she is also in good hands.  They have seen this happen before, so they will know what to do.  Hang in there and keep us updated!  My healing wishes are being sent their way.
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

HUGS and prayers.  Hope she and baby are ok...................