Sunday, February 11, 2007

Update on Maddy

Okay so I'll start off by saying What did these people think?  Thinking a two year old could lay still and not move at all while they took X-rays of her?  My doctor assumed this place would give her a small dose of something to calm her down and they told us they didn't do that. The worst is they wouldn't let me stay in the room!  They said because of the risks of me being pregnant and at child bearing age.  I told them that my tubes were tied and there wasn't a chance I could be and with me there they had a better chance of getting her to lay still and they wouldn't go for it.  So I had to stand in the hallway listening to my daughter screaming Mommy Mommy help me.  Daddy upie Pease Daddy.  Like we didn't already feel like shit already.  Then since she wouldn't stay still they decided to do a sonogram  which again was Horrible!  Number  1 her lumps hurt when you push on them and Number 2 again she had to lay still.  To get her to lay still I had to climb on the table and literally sit on her legs and hold her hands down while Brett had to lean on her shoulders and hold her head to 1 side, And she was Freaking out screaming crying and Saying Daddy please stop.  Which was breaking both of our hearts.  So the tech would say okay pick her up and I would pick her up and hold her and soothe her then the tech would say okay I need one more so lay her down.  She pulled the One more time Bullshit 7 times!  I mean tell us you don't know how many more you need!  Don't keep telling us 1 more so we try and soothe her by telling her 1 more then your done baby, And then keep doing it.  We felt Horrible! 

           So we finally get done and get home and I can't stand the wait I want to know results Right Now!  So I call the doctors office and speak to the receptionist and let me tell you they know us so well there I just have to call and say this is Stephanie either Caleb or Maddy's mom.  And they say okay.  So I called and said to the receptionist I'm really nervous and was wondering if the test results were in.  So she says No not yet but I'll call and get them for you.  So I'm waiting which feels like forever  but in reality it was only 15 mins.  So the nurse calls and tells us there just swollen lymph nodes and she's to continue the antibiotics and come in Tuesday and if they still haven't gone down she will set us up with the same surgeon that did Caleb's surgery.  So Yay it's nothing but she still might need surgery :(.  But at least it's not as bad as it could have been. 

     That's it for now and as soon as my mom sends me pics of the party since my batteries died I'll post them for you. 

*hugs*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Maddy!!!!  I know what it's like to have to hold a child still for x-rays and the techs just have NO compassion.  They don't give a crap if your child is screaming, they just want them still and as a Mother or Father it is breaking your heart having to just physically hold them down like that.  I am happy to hear that it is nothing serious though.  A big PHEW on that one!!  Give Maddy a big hug from me okay?
Love,
Lisa