Monday, October 20, 2008

One of those days

It's one of those days where I would have been better off staying in bed.
It has NOT been my day at all.
I woke up late and kids are getting ready for school at 8am I realize Crap I still haven't given Caleb his meds. I throw his pills at him and think all is good.....Start some stuff around the house and 10am the phone rings....It's the school Oh man what kid is it about?
It's Caleb's teacher...Did I give Caleb his meds today because he is not acting like Caleb. Oh man what is he doing? He's slamming his desk around and mouthing off. Great! Yes I did give him his meds. But they were an hour late and I thought by now they would have kicked in. But obviously not. So she puts me on the phone with him I tell him he better shape up or I'm taking a coin. She tells me she'll call back at lunch time and let me know if there's any change. So when she calls back yes the meds finally kicked in. But before they kicked in she asked him nicely if he would please do his worksheet and he told her when Pigs fly! Like are you kidding me? His mouth is REALLY getting on my nerves!! Any other mom out there with a child with ADHD have a problem with them getting so mouthy?
But today was his first appt with his new doctor! The Good news? Brett said the doctor was Awesome and he really liked him. The bad news? He won't see Caleb because Caleb is ADHD and bipolar! He's not comfortable treating children with Bipolar. So where does that leave us? Back at square freaking one! And he only has 2 pills left of his ADHD meds. I have no idea what were going to do! This is insane. This is so frusterating. I never realized how hard it was to find a doctor that would treat children. I just have no idea what to do anymore. What other options do we have? Not give him meds? Well you saw how them kicking in early did for him at school today. This just plainly stinks.
*hugs*

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Steph...did you know ADHD is a cousin to autism, and is considered by man to be a high-functioning part of the spectrum?

I know MANY mom's who're treating their kids (with the same diangosis as Caleb), with the diet I'm using to treat Parker. It works too.

Something to think about. Because I'll be honest, I've heard horrible stories about these ADHD meds and they scare the shit out of me.

Also, if you want more info, maybe read Dr. Bock's book..."Healing the Childhood Epidemics." He has tons of info about ADHD in there and it's very useful.

Hope this helps.

Bridgett