Thursday, October 30, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference

Sorry If I jump around too much but as usual our Halloween tradition LOL
Hubby and I are watching......................
Can't have a Halloween without watching the Rocky Horror Picture show! I remember years ago we'd all go the The Landmark Theatre but of course due to all the interactions the place would get Trashed! And ya can't appreciate the movie till you "play along".
Okay enough on the movie Parent Teacher Conference......
At Caleb's age there's a test they take and most kids his age in his grade level test at a 13-14 but he tests at 28!! Nothing wrong w/his intelligence there. And his teacher said the same thing that I'm constantly saying his a little old man trapped in a little kids body. He is having trouble after special (like art,library,gym) But he's getting over stimulated there and having a Real hard time coming down and getting back on task. He gets anxious and kicks his desk and slams his stuff around. And he threw something a crossed the room. So very matter of factually my son informs his teacher that she is his rival! His rival!! My 6 yr old son told his teacher she was his rival! I'm sorry but I laughed and laughed thankfully the teacher was laughing too. But so yesterday she sent him out with the school therapist and Caleb told her that "Mrs *** only sent him out of the class as revenge because there rivals." Only Caleb! So after a lot of talking we have decided to let the therapist pull him out of class after specials to give him time to calm down. And we all think he's just getting bored because he is way above the other students and that is why he tells the teacher she's his rival he likes to push her buttons for something to do and he sees her as his only threat on who's smarter then he is. Hopefully this new therapist will help him control this. I am going to end this with a picture of Caleb giving his "Crazy Caleb" look as we call it. This is a my medicine has wore off crazy look.

I will share Elijah's conference at another time. But had to leave you with Caleb and his rival.
*hugs*

2 comments:

- said...

I LOVE the Rocky Horror Picture Show! I saw it on Broadway too!

Awesome awesome!
I also like it because Meat Loaf plays Eddie.

Speaking of Which i need to get that on DVD.

Bridgett said...

We have two silly little boys, don't we? LOL

Between Parker's Mr. Speech and Caleb's 'rival.' ;)

XOXO,
bridgett