Friday, May 6, 2005

I'm still kicking

I'm still alive and kicking.  I went to the doctors last Monday and she said not only is my bipolar acting up put I also have postpartum depression.  We talked a bit and she put me on Zoloft it's the only drug I can take while nursing.  I can't say if it's working or not since it hasn't been that long.  She told me I have to give it a try for 3 mons before we decide if I continue taking it. So I'm hopeful.  She said if she had a miracle drug to make it go away I'd be the first one on her list.

                                      

On another note Maddy is getting so big!  She's got Chunky cheeks and chubby legs!  And she's just babbling away all the time now.  She's Daddies girl all the way.  She's been having some major droolage lately so we think she might be teething.  Breastfeeding is still going really well.  And suprisingly so is cloth diapering.  I've gotten her the cutest covers and we've been doing good.  Brett's still chicken to change one but 2 weeks now and I'm still going strong.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get some pics of her in her covers.  Very hectic here lately because....

                                          

My lil monkey has been sick :(.  He was fine yesterday I picked him up from school and he was happy go lucky Caleb.  Maybe a bit quiter.  But he threw a fit so he was sent to his room where he ended up falling asleep.  Then my friend Tanith and her daughter Autumn came over so I woke him up to play with Autumn.  They played for awhile and then when they left he asked me to get on the computer and I said yeah so he signs on to AOL. (yes he has his own screen name LOL) and he calls me in here and asks for a pillow because his head hurt.  SO I brought him a pillow and he just kept saying "Ow Ow"  And he came and layed down so I asked him what was wrong and he said his head really hurt.  So I took his temp and it was 101.3 ugh!  So I call Brett and tell him and he was suppose to be staying the night in Rochester (about 2 hours away) and he say's "Give him some Tylenol and I'll head home and I'll pick up some Motrin"  So I gave Caleb some Tylenol and I called the doctor and she says of course give him some Motrin and keep an eye on him and call back if things get worse.  So when Brett gets home we give him the Motrin and Caleb was still crying about his headache he just kept saying "Mommy it hurts please make it stop"  Totally breaking my heart!  So I take his temp rectally (Ugh) and it's 102 so I call the doctor back but by the time she calls me back the Motrin had kicked in his temp was down and he was up in bed sleeping.  SO she say's "Keep your eye on him throughout the night if he's still complaining of a headache or his fever is up take him to the Er" Well through the night he was fine.  He woke me up at 4am to go to the bathroom and he said he was feeling better.  Whew right?  Wrong!  He woke us up at 7 and Brett got up with him and left for work I come downstairs and he's acting okay sick but okay.  But then by 8 he was complaining about a headache again so I took his temp and it was 103.3 so I grabbed the phone called Brett who was again headed for Rochester and as soon as I said 103 he turned around to head home I call his doctor and she said to bring him in as soon as Brett got home.  Brett gets home and we head to the doctors. His fever was down to 99 but he still wasn't Caleb.  They did a throat culture and said his throat was pretty red and swollen but he said his throat didn't hurt.  So they decided to take some blood to rule out Meningitis well because his fever had been so high and he was a bit dehydrated they couldn't get any blood. (Side note they told him to cover his face and that they were going to have to pinch his arm and while there doing it he was crying "Please stop pinching my arm."  I started to cry) but anyways they had the other doctor (my doctor) come in and check on him and she said I'm going to write him a script for Zithromax and send you home if his fever spikes above 102 call me other then that call me tomorrow at 10am if he's still not feeling well, We can go from there.  He seems to be doing better now.  He's still feeling crappy but he actually played for a bit. So I'm hoping the meds make him better and we don't have to worry about further testing.  He has diarrhea now poor little guy thought he had to fart and ended up crapping his pants.  But after that he calmed down and said he wanted to go to bed.  I keep going and checking on him and his fever seems down. 

But I'm going to end now.  Just keep my lil man in your thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're on meds for your ppd.  Hopefully you'll be feeling better in no time.  

As for Madison...she's so big!  I actually think she's bigger than Autumn, yet 3 months younger!  LOL  

As for Caleb...I'll be praying for him.  Have they ruled out meningitis?  Keep us updated...

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

Oh Man, never a dull moment at your house Steph!!  Had to go to Rottenchester huh?  My home town!!  LOL I am so sorry you are going thru so much mental stuff.  A lot of the time the PPD will make any stuff you have already worse.   HUGS XOX

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy!!!  I am sorry I haven't been getting your alerts and didn't see this one!!!  I hope the Zithromax starts working soon.  That fever was pretty darned high!  I hope the Zoloft starts working for you too.  I was on it many times in the past and the last time was when I was 7 months pregnant with Emma, they put me on it then because I suffered with postpartum so badly with Matthew.  It did help me, but it does take about a month to notice a change.  So,  just take it easy and let the meds do their thing!  Maddie is so friggin ADORABLE!!!  OMG!  I love chubba bubba cheeks!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago I went through the same thing with my 9 month old son.  When he went to bed that night he was fine, but he woke up around 3 am, throwing up and his temp was over 102 degrees.  we took him to the ER and they checked his ears and throat and said they were fine. They told us there was a "fever virus" going around and that it just had to run its course.  I had never heard of a fever virus in my life.  Apparently they get high fevers, followed by diarrhea. My little guy had the fever part for a few days, then the diarrhea for 3 days.  It was awful.  I hated seeing him sick.  I hope your little one feels better real soon.
Have a wonderul weekend and a wonderful mothers day!!
Angel
http://journals.aol.com/angelm0304/MyLife