Sunday, May 3, 2009

Book reviews and Hives

Lucky Lucky by Alice Sebold


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was really good.

Unfortunately everything that took place took place in my hometown so that disturbed me a bit.

This is about a young woman in college who was raped her freshmen year and still went back to school to finish and her trials to make it through.

A good read but sad.


View all my reviews.



Dreamland
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a good book...More for a younger crowd but I did enjoy it.

This is about a girl who finds herself in an abusive relationship.

It did seem to drag on a bit and jumped quick but still all in all a good read.


View all my reviews.


Yeah as you can see I read 2 books today well I finished one and read through the 2nd one. I pretty much holed myself up in the house today. I am so sick of being itchy! I'm definitely calling the doctor tomorrow I just can't stand it anymore. Nothing is really stopping the itch completely it will ease it for awhile but doesn't get rid of it. And the hives are still popping up. Not a crazy amount but enough to drive me crazy. Wanna see a picture of it?? You know you do....For those who can't stand anything like this I'd scroll fast LMAO.

I know it looks Horrible! You can tell which ones are swollen though. Those nasty things are just about everywhere except my face and hands. Lovely huh??
Okay I am off to avoid itching myself and to read LOL. I'll leave you with this picture of my little man sleeping.

Let's see what else is in this picture with him....That is his "binky" (blanket) that he's had since he was a baby. His Lynx his teacher gave him as another going away present. His Cat Pumpkin he made at Build a bear and oddly enough his Meowth from Pokemon LOL. Have a good night everyone.
*hugs*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer um pouco sobre o Brasil. Abração

Bridgett said...

I got that same weird comment yesterday...in Spanish I guess.

Anyway, whatever that is looks pretty bad, Steph! I'd definitely call the doc.

Honestly, I just don't know what to recommend.

Well, I always recommend epsom salt and baking soda baths for any skin related disorders...but I'm not sure it would help you or not. Might be worth a try.

Feel better!

BTW, I've read two of Alice Siebold's books, but not Lucky. I loved The Lovely Bones...but the other one? Not so much. I can't even remember what it was called now. But it sucked.

XOXO