Monday, May 18, 2009

Holy Update Batman!

Yep that's right you read it right...An update from me. I know you all missed me ;)
Well let's start with my book reviews....You didn't think just because I haven't been blogging I haven't been reading did you? LOL.

The Weight of It: A Story of Two SistersThe Weight of It: A Story of Two Sisters by Amy Wilensky


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
How about a huge yawn for this book?

The description of the book says



A "candid, funny, and altogether un-putdownable" (Glamour) memoir about the bond between two sisters and the 150 pounds that nearly separated them. As young girls, a year apart in age, Alison and Amy Wilensky were almost indistinguishable, and they were inseparable. But during elementary school, Alison began gaining weight, and by the time she was sixteen was morbidly obese. The sisters remained close, but over the years the daily indignities and affronts that Alison endured took their toll, reshaping her identity indelibly and affecting the sisters' relationship in unanticipated ways. Then, in her late twenties, Alison underwent gastric bypass surgery and lost 150 pounds. Everyone who knew her - and particularly Amy - would have to confront the many dimensions of this transformation and acknowledge that the person who emerged was, to some degree, a stranger. The Weight of It is a universal story of how we discover who we are and who we want to be.



Know what I got out of it? Nothing! Some skinny sister talking about her sister overcoming her weight problem but not even in details. Wah is me my sisters overweight. It just was a pointless bore me to tears book honestly. Like she'd throw in random stuff that happened to her and it was like wait what? When did that happen.





Love You, Mean It: A True Story of Love, Loss, and FriendshipLove You, Mean It: A True Story of Love, Loss, and Friendship by Patricia Carrington


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Can we say cried like a baby?

This book is about four woman who became friends after there husbands died in the World Trade Center on 9/11.

This was a touching and meaningful book.
It goes back and forth between what's happened in there life before and after. An excellent memoir.


Bad Girl: Confessions of a Teenage DelinquentBad Girl: Confessions of a Teenage Delinquent by Abigail Vona


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
This book wasn't too bad.

Another memoir this one was written by a 19 yr old girl who was in a boot-camp type of alternative therapeutic home for a year and all the trials she had through it. A lot of stuff was just thrown at you when you know it would have been interesting if she would have shared more of the back story. Still an okay read though.


And the last one LOL



The Girls The Girls by Lori Lansens


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a pretty good book.

And throughout the book you had to keep reminding yourself that it wasn't a true story.

Think the book description explains it better then I will LOL



Meet Rose and Ruby: sisters, best friends, confidantes, and conjoined twins.



Since their birth, Rose and Ruby Darlen have been known simply as "the girls." They make friends, fall in love, have jobs, love their parents, and follow their dreams. But the Darlens are special. Now nearing their 30th birthday, they are history's oldest craniopagus twins, joined at the head by a spot the size of a bread plate.



When Rose, the bookish sister, sets out to write her autobiography, it inevitably becomes the story of her short but extraordinary life with Ruby, the beautiful one. From their awkward first steps--Ruby's arm curled around Rose's neck, her foreshortened legs wrapped around Rose's hips--to the friendships they gradually build for themselves in the small town of Leaford, this is the profoundly affecting chronicle of an incomparable life journey.



As Rose and Ruby's story builds to an unforgettable conclusion, Lansens aims at the heart of human experience--the hardship of loss and struggles for independence, and the fundamental joy of simply living a life. This is a breathtaking novel, one that no reader will soon forget, a heartrending story of love between sisters.



Very good book!


View all my reviews.


Now I'm stuck waiting for my "book dealer" to bring me more LOL. Which she said will probably be Wednesday LOL. Which I guess works because with no books to read I'm stuck doing housework LOL. And I know my house needs that. Not even so much cleaning but uncluttered. And I think today is the day that a few of the big things in the garage are going which will mean I can start moving some of the clutter into the garage. As I don't think we need the bins of winter boots and snow pants and all that good stuff. The Easter decorations can definitely be put in there LOL. Hoping to maybe have a yard sale one of these weekends and whatever doesn't sell is going the last thing I need is more crap. We've actually been pretty busy here with the weather being nice we've been outside ALOT. Madison made friends with the little girl next door so there usually back and forth between the two houses.
Caleb has had a pretty bad meltdown but I think things are getting better. I'll include more information at another time as right now Maddy is bouncing couch to couch blaring Taylor Swift on her Idog and I keep losing my train of thought LOL.
Friday we went to the zoo with Caleb's class which was a lot of fun I took pictures not the greatest but pictures that I'll share later.
So I'm going to leave on that note but try and update tonight or tomorrow.
Oh yeah and my birthday is in 7 days Whoo hoo LOL!
*hugs*

2 comments:

Brandi said...

stephy!!! whyyy would you show me more books to buy?!!? WHyyyyy

Bridgett said...

A couple of those books sound pretty darn good.

I feel your pain about clutter. I had a yard sale in April and I'm hoping to have another in June. I just can't stand to have shit sitting everywhere.

Can't wait to see zoo pictures. :D

XOOX