Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to meeeeeee

Going to start off with some book reviews as my friends brought me books and of course I've been reading

Finding Ben : A Mother's Journey Through the Maze of Asperger's Finding Ben : A Mother's Journey Through the Maze of Asperger's by Barbara LaSalle


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Good story....Okay book.

The books was intense....A bit hard to read but it was okay I did enjoy it.


View all my reviews.




Swapping LivesSwapping Lives by Jane Green


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
The book was okay...

Stay at home mom living a life where she tries to keep up with the "Joneses" but isn't a "true" stay at home mom as she has a nany a cleaning crew and everything else. And the other is a single woman living the single life and they swap lives...Okay book but seemed to be missing something...


View all my reviews.


Why I'm Like This: True Stories Why I'm Like This: True Stories by Cynthia Kaplan


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was funny...

All the thoughts you have in your head but never say out loud...but wish you could. The story seemed lacking to me as I like the inside story I don't like when you just throw a character at me without explaining them..But I did enjoy the book.


View all my reviews.


It's been a busy weekend...Saturday we had a Memorial picnic at my Aunt's house. Which Caleb LOVES as he gets to spend the time fishing! And let me tell you he is quite the fisher! He caught 6 fish! Everyone else caught 1 Maybe 2 LOL. Here he is fishing (that's my Grandpa next to him)


Here he is with one of the many fish he got.

Here Maddy is trying her luck at fishing she had a whole system going....You stand near her and you watch her worm in the water and when you saw a fish near her worm you let her know so she can watch the bobber because if the bobber goes down then she caught a fish LMAO. She only fished for maybe 15 mins before she gave up as it wasn't fun not catching any LOL.

My Grammy did surprise me with a cake :) It was a half moon cookie cake. It was pure sugar though so I only had a very small piece LOL. Here's my nice cake.

We had a lot of fun at the picnic honestly more fun then usual thanks to my cousin Melissa! She's 16 and she is Hilarious! My Aunt has one of those Octagon picnic tables and it is old. Well everyone had been sitting on the table all day long so Melissa comes and sits on it but she turns backwards and is sitting on the edge. And we were talking about the Overly Obese people that have had shows on Discovery health (Like the 1000lbs dad) And she comes out with I have Fat thighs no sooner did those words leave her mouth did the table give out and the part she was sitting on broke. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself! Now you have to see a pic of her (Which she'd kill me if she knew I was posting it LMAO)

So as you can see she's not big she's a scrawny nothing but just the way the whole story played out was too funny! I didn't get many pics as Melissa's older brother (Her Dad's son from a different marriage) was there with his 10 mons old baby boy who I spent most of the time holding and cuddling and he's a CHUBBY little guy! I didn't get a pic of him but I think Caleb did on his DSI let me check....Whew Jackpot he had quite a few pics from Saturday!
This is the CHUNKY little man I got to hold for most of the day.

Isn't he a little chunk?? He's like 27lbs which doesn't seem too healthy to me but to each there own right? He'll be 1 in 2 mons. Caleb also had these pics.
Here's my Grammy drinking her coffee the boy at the same table is my cousin Stevie the blond to the right who's back of the head you see is my cousin Jenny and to Grammy's left is my cousin Jill



Maddy posing in her Taylor Swift shirt.



And of course Caleb running from getting his pic taken

All in all a good time was had.
Today for my birthday we didn't do much at all. Brett did everything haha! I did do 2 loads of laundry and dishes but other then that I did a whole bunch of nothing. Maddy and Caleb made me some very nice homemade cards. And Brett and I preordered my game so I can get it as soon as it comes out...What game you ask??



Yeah I'm pretty excited LMAO! Love me some Sims games! And whoo hoo for Amazon Gift cards! I didn't realize I had a few gift cards saved from doing surveys so we didn't even pay for half the game hehe! But I am off. Gotta get the kids to bed and hang out.
*hugs*

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

Sounds like a great birthday to me!

BTW, Caleb takes good pictures!

And yea, I'd crack up too about the table braeking. LOL

XOXO

Rick said...

Some people are fish magnets. Your son must be one of them.