Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Quick update

I got my camera but would you believe I still haven't taken pics?  I'm awful aren't I?  Caleb's first day went great he did okay then yesterday he had a HORRIBLE day!  So I was pretty upset and didn't want to type!  But Thankfully today he had a good day!  Maybe because he was threatened to either have a good day or no computer/Playstation.  But either way the teacher said Good day.   Yesterday I'm not quite sure exactly what happened but either way Caleb got mad at his teacher and told her He was going to get a gun and shoot her!  I was mortified (Still am)  I'm not sure how long some of you have been reading my journal but let me tell you I have Never let Caleb play "guns" nor do I talk about them.  His video games don't even have guns.  After a LONG talk with Brett and I we got him to admit where he learned games like this and Survey says.................Brett's son Elijah this is how they play at Grandma's and oh words are going to be said!  I am so not pleased!  I'm mortified embarresed worried and just Angry.  kwim?  I have Never heard him talk like that!  And it makes me feel as if I failed as a parent.  I didn't even know what to say to his teacher yesterday today I pulled her aside and Apologized and told her that at home we personally have never heard him talk like that and we do not allow play like that.  But we found out where it came from and it's going to be ended.  Ugh!  But that's all for me I'm hoping to write more tomorrow.  *hugs*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man!!!!!!!!!  Leave it to a child to say something they would NEVER say at home in school in front of an entire classroom and to the teacher!  GEEZ!  I do know that schools take threats like that much more seriously than they used to in the old days, so I can imagine your embarrassment.  But, you are doing what you should be doing, you are getting to the root of the problem (big shocker where Caleb got it from!  NOT!) and you are taking matters into your own hands.  I think the punishment idea works, it's what I have to do with Matthew, and have had to do, take away his PS2 and sometimes for 1 month at a time when he starts doing badly in school.  You just have to hit boys where it hurts . . . their games!  Give Caleb a big hug from me okay?
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am SO SURE I am up for this one in a few years, so bear with me here Steph,  but KIDS SAY AND DO THE DAMNDEST THINGS!! LMAO and mortifying YOU is JOB ONE!!!   We have a long row to hoe honey!  HUGS OXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Oh Stephy...I know it's upsetting, but it certainly doesn't reflect on your parenting.  He's a kid...and kid's say the darndest things.  Isn't that a show?  LOL  

I'm sure his teacher understands that...

Love,
bridgett