What the hell??
I am so upset and disappointed right now....
Caleb has been suspended from school.
My 6 year old is freaking suspended from school.
He can't go back to school till Friday and I have to go with him and have a meeting with them.
WTF???
He started up on the bus yelling and screaming and it escalated right into the classroom,
Where he threw a pencil and it hit another girl.
He didn't want to do his work so he ripped his book apart then when the teacher went to take it from him he hit her.
Obviously his mixture of meds is not working.
And no bs about the meds I choose to put him on it and I will continue with meds till I find a mixture that works.
Am I letting him use it as an excuse?
Not a chance!
I just don't know what to do anymore. I just can't even believe it.
He's not suppose to see the new prescribing meds doc until the 25th but I have a call in to try and change that because Obviously it needs to be changed as soon as possible. This is Crazy!
I don't even know.
Think I'm just going to go lay down and let the self pity hit me for a few hours.
Til Brett gets home and we deal with Caleb.
*hugs*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Is he much worse with no meds at all? Is the school and teachers aware that you are working on Caleb and his medication? I think his punishment was a little harsh. I mean what he did was bad but if they are aware of Caleb's needs...It's like kicking an Autistic kid out just because he's Autistic.
I think this is so misunderstood by the schools and the community in general. I completely understand Steph, all you can do is wait. I always have this fear that eventually HIS meds wont work anymore and that's what will happen to him too. Hang in there, just take it ONE day at a time Steph. There's no miracle cure for our boys, just time and what little sanity WE ourselves have left to deal with it. I am hear for you hon. Hang in there until you see the doctor.
The school, well I know you can't just up and say "I'll send him somehwere else" because you can't just do that for lots of reasons. So do your best for him, even if he doesn't appear to give a damn. HUGS OXOXO
Have you ever seen this site, Steph?
http://www.feingold.org/
I have a whole lot of friends who've done this with their ADHD children and basically recovered them. Just something to think about.
I can't believe the school system suspended a 6 year old boy. That's just awful.
Hang in there.
Bridgett
Lisa, The no child left behind act just means that they will not leave them back. That's why they have so many kids getting promoted that can't even read or write.
But I DO agree with everything you said.
They need to realize he is on meds and they need to make allowances for that. It is up to THEM handle his issues while in school and by suspending him they are showing him that acting out will net him a day at home to relax. And the fact that they gave him no work to do at home during the suspension shows him that school is just school while at school. He needs to keep up. The rate that they teach children at these days is very fast . . . . boom, boom, boom. How is he going to keep up if they don't help him.
My son (3rd Grade) missed one day at school for an appt and wound up behind for a week till he caught up. That is stressful.
So in addition to sending him home, suspending him, and not sending work home . . . . . they are forcing him into a stressful situation by having him have to "catch up."
Is that what they are trying to show him?? That life is stressful and there will be no help for him??
Not good . . . . will make him feel worthless in school instead fo important. He should be made to feel totally as important as all the other "good" students.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
Stephy, I can go on and on (as you know LOL) But my advice to you still stands. Go up there armed with as much info and you can. fight for him WITHOUT TEARS. DO NOT LOOK WEAK! Look like a mom that is educated about her son's disease and is trying to help him in any and every way . . . . like we all know you are!!
I like the Autistic example as well. Stephy . . . . make them understand that they have to HELP NOT HURT . . . . . And then if that doesn't work . . . go to the school board and ream them out too!!!
LOVE YOU HON!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!
Post a Comment