Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Poor Baby

The little baby in the picture is Brett's friends daughter.  She is such a cutie and Caleb just loves her.  I just wish she had a better life.Now through the pregnancy we weren't even sure if it was going to come out with Brett's friend as being the father. After the baby was born and they would come around I swear everytime she cried and needed something the mother just yelled "Todd your daughter Todd your daughter"  Now I don't know hiow many of you out there who have had children but I remember when Caleb was first born~If he cried I wanted to go I didn't want anyone near him!  But she was happy to just hand her daughter over. And whenever they come over here they just assume I'll be okay watching her and Caleb. Whenever I see the little girl the back of her head is all red from laying in her playpen all day yes playpen because they don't have a crib for her.The other day Brett's friend was going to be home alone with the baby and wanted us to come over now Caleb wasn't feeling good and I didn't want to bring him around another child but all I heard was "it's fine don't worry So I gave in!  And when we got there Brett's friend was in his room playing guitar and I assumed his daughter was just sleeping but yet~We go into the babies room and the light is on and she's just laying in her playpen looking around, We head to the living room where Brett's friend puts her in her swing and then him and Brett walk in the other room to play guitar. They stayed in there a good hour and the baby sat in the swing the whole time. We stayed there for a good 2-3 hours and that baby say it that swing till right before we left and within this time I changed Caleb's diaper 1 time and I know babies go a hell of a lot more then 2 yr olds. and she was not changed at all!  Not to mention the awful cough she had!  And what can I do?? Nothing but mark my word if we go over there and it's worse or she seems worse or the house seems trashed I'm going to have to call CPS.  Does this make me a bad person??

*Thanks for the kind words on my grandpa

No comments: