Monday, February 9, 2004

Sorry

Sorry I have not updated in awhile but my great grandfather passed away early Friday morning and I've been so busy.  It's a very sad and stressful time but as awful to say a relief.  He was sick for over a year now with a brain tumor and he has lived in the hospital since last Christmas.  And now he will be with my grandma again.  Yesterday was the wake we didn't stay long because I had Ryan here babysitting.  And today was the funeral I had to bring Caleb with me and Brett couldn't go so it was pretty hard calming Caleb down by mself in a crowd of people.  As we were leaving the funeral parlor to head to the cemetary everyone was going up to the casket to pay there respect and Caleb wanted to go look. So I went up there with him and he asked "what's he doing"  And I looked at him and said Caleb grandpa is sleeping he's in a deep sleep and he'll sleep for a very long time.  I didn't know how else to explain it to a two year old.  As we were leaving Caleb turned and looked at Grandpa and said bye bye grandpa in his cute little sweet voice.  And everyone around us lost it.  It was pretty sweet.  My lil man.  Then we get to the cemetary and they let Caleb and I sit right in the front next to the coffin was kind of eerie, Especially since I wasn't really close the my great grandpa but it's always hard to lose a loved one.  We didn't get to sit too long though because Caleb wanted so badly to go in that hole and wanted to know why it was there.  The life of a two year old.  But I am off now it's pretty late and Caleb is still awake, I will update tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so sorry for ur lost my prayers will be with u and ur family