Thursday, March 11, 2004

Looking for a good home LOL

Isn't he so handsome?? That's my outdoor kitty!  He now cries at my backdoor so I'll come out there and pet him or play with him.  And yesterday he was even letting Caleb be a terror to him!  Now I have been feeding this little guy all winter and he just started letting me come around him!  He's such a sweetie!  Wish I could bring him in but I can't he won't come near the door to come in anyways which is good I suppose LOL!  But if anyone wants him let me know LOL!  But now on to Caleb he is doing much better!  He still has a bad cough but he's good driving his powerwheels around my living room now LOL little bugger! But here is my vent LOL!  Caleb had 2 prescriptions written for him for meds so I went and got them filled one was for Amoxilcillian(sp) and the other was Tylenol.  Now they put labels on both meds for him but I never read the tylenol one because who doesn't know how to give Tylenol??  And the Amoxicillian's label said give 2 teaspoons every 4 hours!  So what was I doing?? I was doing just that like it tells you to.  You always follow the directions on medicine right??  Well Tuesday night after I had already given Caleb his AMoxicillian 4 times that day I look at the tylenol label and it say's give twice a day.  So for those who are confused this is what happened the Pharmacy had switched the labels!  Can you believe it?? I was so mad!  I called the Pharmacy and went off on the manager and she said she was going to have the store manager call me (still no call though)  SO then I call Caleb's dr I wasn't to nervous because Amoxicillian isn't a really strong drug but I was angry.  His Dr told me it would be okay but to just give it to him twice a day!  But thanks for the scare CVS!  How could you mix up labels on medicine??  That's your job!  I understand everyone makes mistakes but when it comes to my two year old mistakes like that can't happen!  I'm just glad it was the Amoxicillian and not something stronger!  I've been catching up on my cleaning for the past 2 days NOT fun!  But I'm almost done got maybe 4 more loads of laundry to do and 3 to put away but I'll catch up!  I am off now. thanks for the comments and thoughts.  Makes me happy to see comments in my journal LOL!  *hugs*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE KITTY!!!! And OMG on the meds, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen, you can bet your sweet bippy I would have been going OFF!!! Thanks for stopping to my journal yesterday, I made you speechless? Judging by your entries, that really is saying something, HAHA JK!! :-) Hugs, glad Caleb is getting better hon.

Anonymous said...

Boy...that does seem to be pretty irresponsible, doesn't it? Thank goodness it wasn't anything that could have hurt him. ::sigh of relief::

As for the kitty...he is pretty handsome. And funnily enough...he looks a lot like our female outside kitty, Pip. =)

XO ~ Bridgett

p.s. Made some comments on earlier entries. Go take a peek!

Anonymous said...

CVS is held responsible for any errors in prescriptions and the pharmacist actually gets written up for these and can be fired. So, I would bring the bottles to the pharmacy and complain to them in person. I went to pick up a prescrip for my oldest's allergies and they gave me a narcotic instead one time! I could have killed her if I gave it to her! They took action immediately though and didn't charge me for the prescrip and the pharmacists was in trouble. Hugs and love, Lisa