Monday, April 27, 2009

Caleb's last and first day

Harvesting the Heart Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I really like Jodi Picoult's books but this is not one of her greatest ones. The book was a bit drawn out though. Still an okay read though.


View all my reviews.


The Goodbye Party was pretty hard emotionally for all involved I think. The teacher was a sweetheart though she had the whole class make him goodbye cards. Here he is looking through them.

Then his teacher surprised him with a present! Here he is opening it.

And inside of this huge box??
A new green Book bag! Which his teacher had all the students bring in something to put in the bag. Mostly school few school years. LOL! Here he is showing it off.

The the teacher had made him a cake I think it came out great!

And she even let him take the first cut here he is cutting it.

At this point all the other teachers and helpers were coming in to say goodbye which got him crying and me crying. The teacher had tears in her eyes, The poor school nurse lost it. Here he is giving his teacher a hug goodbye.

Can you see how red his ears are?? He does that when he's sad and anxious.
And while he was giving his teacher the hug his friend asked if he could have a goodbye picture so I took one and Maddy snuck in at the last minute. I think it came out really cute.

I think the picture came out really well.
Today he started his new school so far so good. In fact as he walked into his new class there was someone there...This little boy he was good buddies with in Kindergarten! I'm quite happy because this boy was all about trying to be his friend and sitting with him in lunch and playing with him during playtime. I think a fresh start was really good for him as much as I hate to admit it. He has a clean slate here. And the special class he does go to a few times during the day so do other kids from his class. Which is a plus because now he doesn't feel bad. He did say he missed his teacher and the other kids in his old class but he seemed happy. And if he's happy I'm happy.
But I am off I'll update tomorrow with how my trip was.
*hugs*


P.S If you want to see the pics full size you'll have to click on them...Sorry.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

sorry i'm days behind...but what a nice send-off they gave Caleb!! a bookbag filled with something from each child is a wonderful & very thoughtful idea!! i'm happy that you're happy that he's happy!! huh? LOLOL!!!

Brandi said...

His teacher sounds AMAZING! That is the kind of woman all teachers need to be. : )

What book of hers would you suggest anyone read? I have tried one but it bored me. : x

Bridgett said...

If only all teachers were like Caleb's ex-teacher...we wouldn't be having all these problems in school systems like we are now.

That woman is amazing! I can see why you wouldn't want Caleb to leave her.

A cake, a backpack, presents, cards...wow!

Very thoughtful.

I'm so glad Caleb is liking his new school. Like you said, I think it's a fresh start for him and he can start on equal footing with the other kids. That's so important, I think.

XOOX