Between Sundays by Karen KingsburyMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was really good!
I'm not really a fan of Christian based books but this book was really good.
This is what the book says:
Football season becomes a time of realization that life’s most important victories are won off the field. A star running back with much to learn, a younger player with much to give, and a woman with a heart for underprivileged kids—thrown together into a time of self-discovery and a new awareness of the things that matter most.
View all my reviews.
Yes I read another book. What can I say? LOL.
Okay now on to my trip finally LOL! Oh and Brandi pay attention I have a special picture just for you :)
Okay let's start this with my crap picture of the hotel from inside Brett's van through his DIRTY windshield! Also it was about 9 when we got there so it was already dark.

It was a nice hotel. We were on the first floor and they had an in restaurant which was okay. We did get there at the same time as a rowing team and a Harley Bike thing was going on so it was BUSY so our food was a bit dry but it was still good. But by the time we get there after a 3 hr drive I was so tired I ended up changing and passing out. So the rest of the hotel pics were taken in the morning while I was waiting for Brett to come back from his job.
Here's our wonderful bathroom.


And here's our bed don't get any dirty thought because it's a mess we were honestly too tired LOL.

We decided that since my MIL (because she's a wonderful woman) was keeping the kids for the whole weekend that we would take the long way home so he could show me all of the cool places he sees and works at.
Here is one of the MANY stops we took at a Dunkin and I was shocked that this one was actually inside of a gas station we don't have those inside of stores down here.

Love me some Dunkin Donut Iced Coffee w/Coconut LOL.

Right through that bridge is Canada. Very cool huh? Well I thought it was cool LOL.
Okay now before I show you the next picture I have to start with the story. I was throwing a big fit as Brett said there were a lot of Amish people and I was determined to see some as I had never seen any Amish people before. So we pull up to a gas station (A Mobil to be exact) to get drinks as at this point Brett's A/C in his van had gone out! So we pull up and there's a horse just tied to a tree and I was freaking out like you only see shit like this on tv so I grabbed my camera and snapped a picture.

So I'm all pumped because I saw a horse tied to a tree at a gas station LOL and I slide out of the car and BAM right there is an Amish guy sitting in his cart selling baskets giving me a dirty look. So at this point I'm trying Really hard not to laugh and we run in get drinks and what not and we head back to the van and I'm trying to talk Brett into pulling back far enough so I can get a picture of the Amish guy and he wouldn't do it for me! Hmph! LOL.
But I am happy to say as we were driving down the road I saw a sign! I made Brett back the van up and pull close so I could take a picture.

That's right an Amish crossing sign!! I was beyond excited to see that LOL.
And as we were driving I saw this and just had to take a picture for our good friend Brandi in blogger. I thought she'd enjoy it.. And Brandi feel free to save it you might have to click on it to make it bigger LOL.

I thought you'd like that LOL.
Then we drove to see the Windmills there in Lowville and they generate electricity for......NYC. Because us in the rest of the state should give 2 hoots for NYC! Don't even get me started. But they were impressive to see!

And then headed home LOL. Took us 6 hrs to get home but it was nice. I enjoyed myself and hope we get to do it again.
I have much more to say but I'll save that for tomorrows blog as this has already turned out pretty long.
*hugs*

2 comments:
I've seen those exact same Amish Crossing signs in Ohio! LMFAO
Along with trails of horse shit on the roads.
Anyway...looks like you guys had a nice time. :)
XOXO
L O L OMG I Love it!!! :D :D :D
Post a Comment