Escape by Carolyn JessopMy review
rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a story about Carolyn Jessop and about her life in the polygamous community. It details her life and her struggles dealing with the FLDS. And trying to get out.
I couldn't put this book down. I was just appalled with the way this woman and her children were treated. And felt very lucky to live in freedom.
View all my reviews.
And another
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan: A Novel by Lisa SeeMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a great book.
This book is about 2 young girls who grew up in China in the 19th century during a time when women were not respected or cherished, and painful foot binding was part of their lives.
The story idea and the things that happened throughout the book made it really hard to put this book down.
I really didn't think I'd like it but I picked it up and then didn't put it down.
View all my reviews.
Can you tell someone didn't take there Ambien last night? Yeah I seriously read till 3am. Ya I'm a little in shock too. But I got up and cleaned out our entire room. Unfortunately I still have the rest of the house to do LOL. But at least our bedroom is done. And when I say clean I mean Cleaned. Steam cleaned parts of the rug that needed it took down and really dusted everything packed up clothes that no longer fit. I am Beat! I also got all our winter coats and boots put away....Which of course means it's going to snow LOL. That's how my luck always goes. Brett got all the outside stuff done. Pressure washed all the outdoor toys and the house.
And of course the kids have 1 more day left off from school. I can't Wait till Tuesday! It's going to be a long week. I am off now going to take my Ambien tonight LOL.
*hugs*


2 comments:
Ok I LOVE snow flower! Greeeeat book. I have been reading, Stolen Innocence about another girl in the FLDS. IT'S sooo good! I am sad how they are treated as well. : ( I want to get this one next for sure. :D
Get some sleep, woman! LOL
The books sound great.
XOXO
Post a Comment